Safety Preparedness Information, Resources, and Guidelines
At the ATL Airport District, we are standing in solidarity with our community as we navigate uncharted waters. It is our responsibility to support our residents, small businesses, hospitality partners, and visitors during this time. We’ve compiled a list of resources that may help those in need, divided by Community, Businesses, and the Hospitality Industry. We are updating this list daily as new information becomes available. Please let us know how we can help or support you during this time.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
ATL has implemented measures that include:
- Increased frequency of cleaning of public areas
- Use of environmentally friendly cleaning disinfectant in public areas
- Additional education and training of employees
- Signage to provide guidance and education to passengers and employees
- Public messages on digital displays and CNN monitors
- Daily coordination with public health, CDC, and other agencies for updates, additional guidance, and instructions
TSA Travel Guidelines: https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus
MARTA will continue to thoroughly clean all buses, trains, rail stations, and facilities with a focus on high touch areas such as handrails, elevator buttons, Breeze machines, and restrooms. They have also started mid-day end of line cleaning of buses while parked in bus bays at targeted rail stations. All MARTA employees have been instructed how to best protect themselves and others against the potential transmission of the virus.
Georgia International Convention Center
The Event Safety Alliance has created a Reopening Guide for event professionals during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Hotel Safety Guidelines
- Best Western Hotel Group: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/hotels/discover-best-western/covid-19-response.html
- Choice Hotels International Safety Procedures: https://www.choicehotels.com/support/travel-alerts
- Hilton Safety Procedures: https://www.hilton.com/en/corporate/coronavirus/
- Hyatt Hotels Safety Procedures: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/info/coronavirus-statement?icamp=hy_cvstatement_jan2020_alertbanner_en
- IHG Safety Procedures: https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/customer-care/travel-advisory-covid-19
- Marriott Cleanliness Council: https://news.marriott.com/news/2020/04/21/marriott-international-launches-global-cleanliness-council-to-promote-even-higher-standards-of-cleanliness-in-the-age-of-covid-19
- Radisson Hotels: https://www.radissonhotels.com/en-us/social-responsibility/health-safety?facilitatorId=GOOGLEAMERICAS&cid=a:ps+b:gsl+c:amer+e:rad+f:en-us+g:cl+i:gsl&gclid=CjwKCAjwm_P5BRAhEiwAwRzSO8YPHM85D7NEzZftD8sY0t2sVDu3L4QpMql97w898GSjd6F8ILzCpRoCZXEQAvD_BwE
- Sonesta Hotels: https://www.sonesta.com/staysafe
- Wyndham Worldwide Corporation Safety Procedures: https://corporate.wyndhamhotels.com/news-releases/statement-from-wyndham-hotels-resorts-coronavirus-2/
- Travel: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- What to do if you are sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
- How to protect yourself: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
Georgia Department of Health
Georgia Safety Promise
The Georgia Safety Promise is a statewide campaign from the Governor’s Office and the Georgia Department of Health that encourages businesses and the public to agree to simple, but critical, measures that will keep Georgians safe from COVID-19, minimize spread of the virus, and keep Georgia open for business.
For more information on this campaign, visit their website: https://www.georgia.org/SafetyPromise
US Travel Association
The travel industry has come together, working with health and medical experts, to reach collective agreement on a core set of health and safety guidance that the industry may adapt to their businesses.
Meeting Planner Resources
- MPI (Meeting Planners International): https://www.mpi.org/tools/coronavirus
- PCMA (Professional Convention Management Association): https://www.pcma.org/coronavirus-business-events-professionals-need-to-know-faq/
- Events Industry Council: https://eventscouncil.org/coronavirus
- Meetings Mean Business: https://www.meetingsmeanbusiness.com/coronavirus-resources