Travel Information & Resources
The ATL Airport District Convention & Visitors Bureau is actively monitoring developments surrounding coronavirus and its potential impact on travel and tourism to the metro Atlanta area. The health and safety of our visitors is our top priority.
- Facts about coronavirus:
- COVID-19, also referred to as coronavirus, is a respiratory illness that was first detected in the city of Wuhan, China, in late December 2019.
- Symptoms can include fever, cough and shortness of breath. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
- The virus can be spread via person-to-person contact.
- Suggested precautionary measures include:
- Travelers should strongly adhere to healthy travel practices, similar to recommendations associated with the U.S. flu season
- How to stop the spread of germs
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid close contact with individuals who are sick
- Avoid touching your face
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- If you do not have access to soap and water, it is recommended to use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Coronavirus resources: